I found this recipe in Our Best Bite's new cookbook Savoring the Seasons. Personally, I believe this recipe should be called 'Fancy Ramen' because essentially that's what it is.
However, as the weather gets chiller in Rexburg and the imminent winter approaches it was nice to throw together a non-traditional soup.
Thai Coconut Lime Soup
· 1 tsp olive oil
· 1½ tbsp minced jalapeno pepper
· 1½ tbsp minced ginger
· 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
· 1 (13.5) can light coconut milk
· ½ tsp kosher salt
· 2 packages ramen noodles (do not use seasoning packet)
· 1½ tbsp fresh lime juice
· 1 cup diced or shredded cooked chicken
· 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
· Sliced green onions and lime wedges, for garnish
1. Heat medium-sized soup pot to medium-high heat on stove top. Add oil, jalapeno, and ginger. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until jalapeno and ginger are softened and fragrant. Add chicken broth, coconut milk, and salt and increase heat to bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer and add noodles. Simmer 3-5 minutes, until noodles are softened.
2. Add chicken and simmer about 30 seconds to heat through. Remove pot from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with additional chopped cilantro, green onions, and lime wedges if desired.