Yesterday, at noon I was craving something sweet and wanted to make a dessert for after our Sunday dinner. Except we didn't have any eggs, oil, or chocolate chips...which I'm pretty sure rules out every dessert possible. And then I saw a fruit basket full or apples that were going to go bad. After trying to find a recipe according to the ingredients we had in our cupboard...here is a compilation of three.
This is the first dessert I've made in a crock-pot and after church our house smelled exactly how a house should on a cold day, warm cinnamon-y apple-y soooo good.
Crock-Pot Apple Pie
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cold butter
- Toss apples in a large bowl with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Place in lightly greased crock-pot.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine 1.5 cup of dry mixture and milk. Spoon over apples in crock-pot.
- Combine remaining dry mixture with brown sugar. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter or knife and fork until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over other layer of dry ingredients.
- Cook and cover in crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours.
- Enjoy delicious smell that fills your house. Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or by itself.